Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Well, we made it! The trip out was smooth and involved lots of zzzzZzz's. The only rough part was a tad bit of turbulence en route to Costa Rica. Our tour guide is friendly, our group is laid-back and easy-going, and I could not ask for better weather! The plans for the rest the day involve laying poolside and then going out to a local restaurant for a buffet of Costa Rican foods (& not to mention...an open bar. The way everyone has been talking up the restaurant, I'm sure we're in for a good time. (Thank goodness, I opted out of the "meal" on the plane and am starvin' Marvin. Microwave cheeseburger? No thanks. I'll just eat the baby carrots.)

Upon arrival we recieved the "welcome speech" from our guide. He brought us up to speed on currency, the "regular" meal (rice and beans, rice and beans, or if we are feeling really crazy, beans and rice. Sometimes with meat added, it's a favorite for breakfast, lunch, & dinner.) He said most places take the US dollar, which I think most of us on the trip are hoping for since we haven't taken out colonies, the Costa Rican currency. I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one! The exchange rate is pretty straight forward so I'm not too worried about it.

One thing he mentioned (worth mentioning, again) was how he described the education system in Costa Rica. He said it was strong, but this was based on the fact that only 2% are illiterate. Seemed like a very different standard to "well-educated" than I'm used to. Though I knew it would be inaccurate, I thought he was about to say "only 2% do not graduate primary school."

Hope all is well in the states! It's almost time to relax around the pool. : )
Jealous? : )

~A

I don't think San Jose is ready for us!

I might not come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment